This is good news for you Gentlemen!
Blue is just about every man’s favorite color. But this particular blue, Classic Blue, is a best of the best.
“Pantone Colors” were originated in the 1950’s as standards for the printing and advertising industry, but now serves a broader context as the annual color chosen become major influencers of fashion, makeup, interior design and marketing in general. Fords’ Lincoln even has a Pantone Classic Blue color car for 2020!
This Years Pantone Color of the Year is Classic Blue. It is described by Pantone.com as “Instilling calm, confidence, and connection, this enduring blue hue highlights our desire for a dependable and stable foundation on which to build as we cross the threshold into a new era.”
Well that sounds great! But how will this affect you the consumer? And to be “in” how should you expect to see this color in retail and consider incorporating it into your own wardrobe?
In short: Blue will be the new black. This means blue will be more acceptable in more realms that might have been black only prior.
- You will see more blue formal wear.
- You will see more blue outerwear.
- It will be more mainstream to wear a richer, more vivid blue than you might have last year.
- You can wear this color styled monochrome, or head to toe.
- The classic nature of the color will allow more interplay of textures and patterns when several pieces are used.
- This shade will not go out of style, and can be counted on as a staple.
So my blue-loving friends – your favorite color is IN! Let’s add some of this wonderful color to your wardrobe, remembering it’s not dark navy, it’s not powder blue, its CLASSIC BLUE. How lovely!!
Ann Lindsay is Style of Success and Suited for Love
I work to make you look effortlessly confident.
Image Consulting — Personal Styling
Concierge Shopping — J.Hilburn Menswear Stylist
I bring confidence, organization, efficiency to your life.