“Hi, my name is Bob, and I am a recovering custom-clothing client”
Okay, maybe not so funny? Many (many) men have tried custom and did not have a good experience:
- They bought from a company rep who flew in from overseas and booked a downtown hotel room
- They bought a wicked expensive garment from an upscale shop to find it was not returnable
- They went to 3 or 4 or 5 (?) fittings at the tailor, and it still wasn’t right
- They purchased something that the quality was so poor it was not even worth tailoring
- The tailor or sales rep argued about the fit being satisfactory
- And more…
If you are reading this you pretty likely know I sell custom menswear. My tenants of how I run my personal brand below, but promotion aside, this is what you want to ask or research about:
- If you want personal service, you need to have a personal relationship. Is the provider of your custom garment likely to be the one you go to again if there is a problem? Or to order again next year? What is their stake in the business?
- What is the experience level of the custom provider? Did they sign up as a Rep last Tuesday, or have they been working with this line for some time.
- What is the return or remake policy? Read this carefully.
- What are the “minimums”? Some companies ask you to buy 3 or more items at a time (more cost effective for them) but more painful for you if there is a fit disconnect.
- How long will it take to get your custom items. The industry standard is 4 to 6 weeks.
- What is the process? Will you need fittings? How many? Do you go to them, or they to you?
- What is the quality of the fabric? Can you feel it? Where was it manufactured?
- What additional costs should you be prepared for, which addons are an up-charge and which are included?
- Search _____insert brand name_____ + Reviews onto Google. Or ask if any local recommendations could be provided to you?
Why I wrote this article, and why J.Hilburn and I are menswear partners:
- I have partnered my business with J.Hilburn because of the quality, value, and 3 months fully returnable guaranteed garments and accessories.
- Fabrics are gorgeous, manufacturing is sustainable and most high tech in the industry
- No minimums.
- Good turnaround, a direct ship custom garment arrives to your door sometimes in just 2 weeks.
- This is MY business. If you are not happy, I am not happy.
- I am a local small business person, 10 years in business. Customer Service is what I do.
- I bring significant value to the custom selection process; I’m not “just a rep” I’m a Certified Image Consultant with access to a custom clothing resource.
What’s the process? Well, let’s break the ice together with just a shirt? Here’s how easy, conveniently and virtually it is to get a perfect outcome:
- You go to annlindsay.jhilburn.com
- Click (upper right) Register Now and I will reach out to you
- While you are there, poke around a bit, maybe even choose a fabric for a new shirt?
- We Zoom call for about 30 minutes during which time I will get your sizes, and we will “build” your shirt
- I order it with all the details you (I’ll help you of course) picked out. It’s easy and fun.
- It is shipped directly to you
- We Zoom call try it on together and based on this conversation:
- you say no thanks and return it for full credit back on your card.
- you love it but ask me to change a size or a detail – anything on it – and I have it remade for you
- you love it and order 10 more! LOL.
Ann Lindsay is Style of Success and Suited for Love
I work to make you look effortlessly confident.
Image Consulting — Personal Styling
Concierge Shopping — J.Hilburn Menswear Stylist
I bring confidence, organization, and efficiency to your life.