You want to look appropriate for life’s occasions, professional and social, but what do you REALLY need in your closet to ensure this happens?
The following is a basic list from topcoats to bathing suits and the accessories that most men of average income and a rich and diverse life style should own. You don’t have to have a full wardrobe in every catagory – focus on the level of professional formality that your job requires, and build out around the edges of that for social and casual. Consider all items you check off the list to be of good quality, in good condition, well tailored to you and of a modern cut and style.
Overwhelmed? You know who to call!
- Topcoat(s), scarf and glove(s)
- Trench coat, scarf and glove(s)
- Casual wool or leather jacket(s)
- Casual/rain lightweight outerwear jacket(s)
- Casual/ski waterproof outwear jacket(s)
- Good dark suit(s), navy or grey, a third would be pin stripe
- Best white and light blue solid collared (not button-down) shirts
- Traditional ties, white linen pocket squares
- Best quality black belt, shoes and socks
- Secondary suits, both in color, weight and seasonal; light grey, windowpane, brown, khaki, tan and navy.
- Complementary dress shirts
- Silk ties with more visual energy, color, pattern, linen or silk pocket squares
- Best quality shoes and socks, belts in the brown to beige family
- Sport Coats, from linen, cords to tweed jackets
- Complementary dress or sport shirts
- Complementary ties, pocket squares
- Lightweight layering sweaters and vests
- Wool gabardine trousers in multiple shades, winter weight and tropical
- Flannel, cotton chino, linen, poplin trousers
- Ties of wool or cotton madras, or silk ties with small objects on them
- Complementary belts, shoes and socks
Formal to Casual Evening Wear
- Tux and accessories optional
- Formal navy blazer
- Jackets that are velvet
- Jackets that are linen and silk in lighter colors as well
- Mock silk turtles, crewneck cashmere
- Boldly patterned sport shirts, long and short sleeve, some with sheen
- Dark wash or black jeans
- Dark boots/shoes, belt
- Cotton, flannel, chambray shirts, polo shirts long and short sleeve
- Pull over sweaters, cotton or wool
- Jeans, cords, cargo pants, shorts
- Casual shoes
- Swimwear coordinates with sandals and shirts
- Eyewear and sunglasses
Want to know how to make the contents of your closet work for you?
The easiest way is to make a single phone call. I am a Personal Image Consultant for Men.
- I show you what should and should not be in your closet
- I help you see what fits and what doesn’t
- I show you how to match what with what to utilize what you own already to a fuller potential
- I provide high ROI personal shopping services or offer my JHilburn clothing line right in your home.
I am a Personal Image Consultant and a J Hilburn Stylist
I bring confidence, organization, efficiency to your life.