What Does a “Power” tie really mean?
It’s acknowledging (you skeptics!!) that color and pattern really DO have an effect on the psyche of the other person. So with that agreed to; what ties you should own, and what days you choose to wear them will depend on what messages you wish to send. Here are some guidelines:
1. Commanding, indomitable, ridged, this tie is striped, silk, and is in some variation of black, silver and white.
2. In charge, powerful, high energy, determined, this tie is striped, silk and has red as a primary color and some bit of black or navy.
3. Traditional, plays by the book, expects the same of you.
4. Creative thought and people skills make our business a success. Visual energy oriented in a business atmosphere, these ties have patterns and rounded shapes, or if they have stripes, they are in a broader, lighter color scheme.
5. Whimsical, playful, pattern (plaids, florals) and color brings the mood of the day up a notch into easy, breezy and lightness.
6. Casual, it’s business, but laid back, easier. Relax, lets have a good time today. These ties send their message through fabric – they are not silk, but knitted, cotton or seersucker, linen or in the fall and winter wool.
Want to know how to make Ties work for you?
The easiest way is to make a single phone call. What happens next? A Personal Image Consultant shows up to show you
- Which ones to keep and which ones to toss
- Which knot to use based on your face and neck shape
- What match which shirts that you own
- Which send the messages you want to in your professional and social life and
- Shopping services to select the ones you need or strategic selection from my JHilburn line right in your home or office.
I am a Personal Image Consultant and a J Hilburn Stylist
I bring confidence, organization, efficiency to your life.